So the end of 2013 is nigh... and in retrospect, I realize that I've done a whole lot of shit this year. Lets all list some of the most significant stuff that we did/lived through in 2013. I'll go first!
In chronological order...
- I started a moderately successful Etsy shop.
- I went to South America for the first time.
- I moved from Manhattan to Brooklyn, ever-nearing the completion of my transformation into a living, breathing hipster stereotype.
- I did not quit my old job and start a new one for the first time in years.
- I was accepted by/started a graduate program that I didn't think I could get into.
- I designed more stuff than I've ever before designed in a single year.
- I saw my work get some actual attention, first on the Tumblrs and eventually on fairly well-known online publications/blogs like The Huffington Post and here on Jez.
- I broke up with someone for the first time.
- I've seen various family/friends who I've known for a long time go to jail, get very sick and recover from cancer.
- I took an actual vacation.
- I made a lot of new friends.
Things I did not do this year:
- Get a sufficient amount of sleep. Oh well.
P.S. I googled 'ball drop animated gif' because I wanted to include a link of the Times Square ball dropping on New Year's Eve and instead I got this. So... enjoy.